[plug] SUSE 10.3 HANGS hard - or Windows-like behaviour from Linux ....

Paul Antoine pma-la at milleng.com.au
Fri Apr 4 08:38:56 WST 2008

Richard,

This kind of hang is a classic sign of a memory problem. Anecdotally I
am seeing a higher failure rate on ram with the increase in ram device
density in recent times.

I now run Memtest86+ as a matter of course when approaching an unhappy
PC even when it seems like it might be other components as it reduces
the number of variables... Memtest86+ is your friend!

It's not dead... it's just sleeping :-)

P.