[plug] Which brand of laptop?

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon Aug 4 20:10:56 WST 2008

James L. Clarke wrote:
> Apple, the standard MacBooks not the rip off Airs or Pros and then run
> Linux and Windows under VMWare...

Or dual boot. Pretty much all the standard Mac hardware is fully supported under Linux these days.

> P.S. I'm not a Mac Zealot, I'm writing this email on a Trinix brand
> desktop PC, running Ubuntu... But if I bought a laptop it would be a
> MacBook.

I'd second that except for one thing.. I swear you could use a macbook to bludgeon an elephant to
death, they are so heavy!

I run Ubuntu on my Mac Mini at home, and I dual boot between Ubuntu and MacOS on a MacBook Pro.. but
it's just so heavy I generally carry my Vaio.. The MacBook battery life ain't that great either.

I'm drooling at the new TZ series Vaio now.. waiting for my TX to fall over :)

My next desktop will be either another Mac Mini or an iMac.. the hardware is great (and very, very
quiet - which is my desktop benchmark)

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them