[plug] Which brand of laptop?

Martin Langsjoen lists at langsjoen.org
Mon Aug 4 20:47:46 WST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 19:57 +0800, James L. Clarke wrote:
> Apple, the standard MacBooks not the rip off Airs or Pros and then run
> Linux and Windows under VMWare...
>
> P.S. I'm not a Mac Zealot, I'm writing this email on a Trinix brand
> desktop PC, running Ubuntu... But if I bought a laptop it would be a
> MacBook.

I had Apple hardware, but I was not specially impressed. It was OK, but
not any better than Thinkpad and a solid HP business model.

Apple hardware is first of all a integrated package for use with their
OS and nothing else. It do work with Linux, but not any better than
other computers.

The build quality of the most solid Thinkpads and the most solid HPs are
in a different league.

I had OSX for years without using it. I just didn't ave the need for it.

-martin