[plug] Which brand of laptop?

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 5 07:00:26 WST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 23:39 +0800, sothisistheinternet wrote:
> I've placed my responses in-line:
>
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:37 PM, w0018749
> <w0018749 at mail.connect.usq.edu.au> wrote:
> > I am buying a new laptop and I want to know: What brand of
> > computers are the best?
>
> I like Dell for Laptops. I've had two occasions to use Dell support
> for laptops and it was prompt and efficient. Further, Dell is selling

I agree - they are built to a price, but are easy to fix and warranty
service is excellent.

My little Sony (work) is a fantastic machine and runs linux well.  They
are very reliable (much more so than Dell) - BUT when they break they
are almost impossible to get fixed in a reasonable time (in WA). Other
staff at work have been without machines for months.  Plus repair costs
seem very high.

BillK