[plug] Which brand of laptop?

Craig Foster Craig at fostware.net
Tue Aug 5 07:54:03 WST 2008

<snip>
> While that
> one comes with 2GB RAM, a couple of weks ago, Dell had a special on
the
> XPS M1730, with a model with 3GB RAM, for $1200 (delivered).

<snip>

> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia

Anyone with a XPS 1730 can tell you it's *NOT* a laptop at 5KG. Maybe
the 1720 is what you were thinking of.

I went back to using a dinky IBM X31 cos the 1730 is a backpack killer
:(

The X31 (with an ATI Radeon) runs everything I've thrown at it linux
wise. I did need to swap the IBM-modded Intel 11b wireless card for a
soft-modded Atheros 5004 and that one runs sweet.

Craig F.