[plug] Which brand of laptop?

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Tue Aug 12 16:07:03 WST 2008

w0018749 wrote:
> I will probably run the windows that comes with the computer
> but most likely swap it with xp since I am more familiar
> with xp.

If you must run Windows XP 'natively' (rather than virtualised), you
might be better off finding a machine which has XP on it at the outset.
That way you're more likely to get driver support from the manufacturer.
I've heard some horror stories about effectively-Vista-only machines
refusing to play ball with XP. But as I hinted at first, I'd recommend
some random GNU/Linux distro as a basis, then Xen, Virtual Box or VMWare
with XP running under that. Then drivers won't be a problem - well, so
far as Windows is concerned (:
http://www.linux-laptop.net/

HTH,
Greg.