[plug] cookies

Lucas van Staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Tue Aug 19 10:25:56 WST 2008

Hi,

Having had a quick look, I can't see any ref to cookies (and how they
are used) in links.

I take it you are using links for text based browsing?
If so, try using lynx (another text based browser) which has clear
cookie support.

lvanstaden at deepthought:~$ man lynx |grep cookie
       -accept_all_cookies
              accept all cookies.
       -cookie_file=FILENAME
              specifies a file to use to read cookies.  If none is
specified,
              the  default  value  is  ~/.lynx_cookies  for  most
systems, but
              ~/cookies for MS-DOS.
       -cookie_save_file=FILENAME
              specifies a file to use to store cookies.  If none is
specified,
              the value given by -cookie_file is used.
       -cookies
              toggles forcing of the secure flag for SSL cookies.

I do see that firefox uses one cookie file as well, so maybe you are
luck and they are compatible

firefox cookie file will be in your profile folder, path would be like
this: ~/.mozilla/firefox/?????????.default/cookies.txt

Make a copy of the file and point lynx to the copy, see if it works....

lynx -cookie_file=/path/to/copied/firefox/cookie/file

if not compatible, browse to a site with cookies in lynx, then go and
view your lynx cookie file, you may get an idea of how to cut and paste
your firefox cookies into the lynx cookie file.

Hope this helps

-Lucas