[plug] Graphics intrepid!

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Thu Dec 4 08:19:15 WST 2008

Well now I've upgraded to Intrepid, upgraded to a higher quality Nvidia
(AGP) video card and I've got all those snazzy compiz features.
Terrific! But now my website access is limited. I can't log into Amcom -
it won't accept my password, and my golf club will not even get that far
- different results with Opera, Konqueror, Firefox - none of the sites
rendering properly.
Will it really be necessary to revert to Hardy, or is that even possible?
There must be another solution?
The 'No visual effects' setting makes no difference.
Current driver is 173.14.12, card is FX5500
And I'm not sure whether the information at
https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-96/96.43.09-0ubuntu1
is what is needed..
Yours in desperation,
Dave Dartnall