[plug] Graphics intrepid!

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:08:31 WST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Lucas van Staden <lvs at dedmeet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would agree with Adam, sound unlikely the issue is caused by the graphics
> (or compiz),
> but hey, anything is possible....
>
> I would have a look to see what is going on with the network drivers,
> see on google if there are any issues related to your network hardware and
> Intrepid.
>
> I had to dump my wireless card for a new one (had a rt61 based one). Worked
> fine in Hardy, but had massive packet failure/corruption/system kernel
> panics in Intrepid.
>
> Also, you could eliminate the compiz stuff completely by uninstalling the
> compiz packages.
> It would be simple enough to put them back once you sure they are not to
> blame.
> Simple process of elimination ;)

Hi,

You could have a similar issue to me; my old ADSL modem at home gives
out stupid MTU values and intrepid now takes those to heart. Anyway,
have a look at /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
	domain-name, domain-name-servers, domain-search, host-name,
	netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope, interface-mtu;

See the interface-mtu? Rip that out. Problem solved for me.

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
	domain-name, domain-name-servers, domain-search, host-name,
	netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope;

Regards,
Tomasz