[plug] Acer Aspire One - Linpus version

sothisistheinternet sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:30:32 WST 2008

For that price after cashback, I think it's a good buy. I've seen
officeworks offering them for $399 on clearance, and I presume the $59
cashback from acer applies. So, you can always go to officeworks
tomorrow morning before the COTD deal expires (call first to confirm
stock, do not accept a customer return with one of these), and drop in
and see if they'll price match COTD. I think they probably will if
only to clear stock, but also to honour their price match policy (and
COTD definitely has stock, when they run out, the SOLD OUT message
pops up). However, if you go the officeworks route you may end up
missing out on the COTD deal if they sell out. That said, returns to
officeworks are MUCH easier if there's a problem.

On another note, what do you want this one for?

An EeePC 901 can be had for about $480 and it is much easier to
upgrade the RAM on these (plus they come with 1GB to start with). The
EeePC 901 also has a 6 cell battery (~5 hours of use compared with the
2.5 hours of a three cell). There're probably a few other bonuses to
the 901: wireless N and I'm not sure if the Acer Aspire One Linpus
version has BlueTooth.

But like I started with, for that price the Aspire one is a great buy.

Ari