[plug] Nokia Internet Tablet - Setting Home City to Perth

Michael Hunt michael at aussie.oddsocks.net
Tue Dec 16 14:15:10 WST 2008

Hiya fellow pluggers,

With all the talk about EEPC of late I thought it might be worthwhile
for someone to fly the flag for the Nokia Internet Tablet one of which
I have recently become the proud owner of.

I know there are a few other pluggers using this device and just
wondering if anyone has figured out an easy way to add Perth as the
home city. I found the following instructions
(http://code.google.com/p/osso-clock-location-pack/wiki/HowToAddingNewCities)
which are helpful up to a point but:-

a) I don't have access to a linux box (except for the tablet) at this
stage (see above instructions for why this is necessary)
b) I don't know which image file the osso-clock app is using at this
stage and it makes it hard to determine the co-ordinates for Perth
except by trial and error.

I also want to contribute something back to the community by adding
other cities/centres for Australia in an easy to install package so
that I can recommend the tablet to more people.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Hunt