[plug] PCI VGA card not detected, not even by the Mobo

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:20:03 WST 2008

Hi all!

Though this is not strictly linux related, I really don't know where to ask
(google didn't give useful answers!)

I have an ASUS P5K mobo and a Asus nvidia 6600 pcie vga card that are working
very nicely with my debian. I am using the 2 conectors (DVI+analog) of the
6600 with 2 monitors.

I have  a 3rd monitor that I want to add to the mix, and 4 or 5 old PCI VGA
cards.

For some reason though, the mobo doesn't initialize the PCI card (none of
them), nor linux detects it (nothing in lspci).

I tried the option in the BIOS to initialize first the PCI VGA card instead the
PCIe, with same results. The PCIe card keep working, but the PCI one is not
detected.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Marcos