[plug] iinet freezone

Bernd Felsche berfel at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 31 20:13:50 WST 2008

Innis Cunningham <innisc at hotmail.com> wrote:

>A bit more searching using a live CD with flash seemed to indicate
>that you can no longer access the linux ISO's through the freezone.

"through the freezone" not being HTML.

One of the beauties of the WWW concept is that you can run the thing
with a little knowledge and a telnet client. We don't need no
steenking browser! :-)

Sir Tim Berners-Lee invented the WWW to provide *generic* access to
the accummulated knowledge and to encourage the aggregation of
further knowledge.

Putting "Flash" and other BS on the WWW is like buying a 90-minute
video of Encyclopedia Britannica; on Blue-Ray.

I blame it all on Al Gore for inventing the Internet. :-)

>Has anyone else noticed this or am I not looking in the right place.

You're not looking in the right place.

http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub

has e.g. <http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/opensuse/11.1/iso/>

>Also access through the ftp site seems to indicate that the ISO's
>have not been modified since 31/10/2008.Is this right or am I
>missing something.

Which ISOs?

The current openSUSE stuff is as current as today.  But you're
better off with openSUSE 11.0 than 11.1 for now; unless you enjoy
teething.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | Second to agriculture, humbug is the
 X   against HTML mail     | biggest industry of our age.
/ \  and postings          |   -- Alfred Nobel