[plug] [Fwd: wireless card not recognised at boot]

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Feb 11 11:43:09 WST 2008

Well, the first step is to establish whether its a USB type device,
or a removable PCI type device, or a bona fide wired PCI device.
You can use stuff like lspci or the equivalent usb command to grab
information about the device.

That'll tell you whether the device is even visible to the bus nexus -
if you can't find it there then you probably won't have any luck getting
a driver to work. ;)

Once you've got that information I'd contact the device driver maintainer
and see if they've got any insight into the issue.

Don't stop now - this is just part of the fun. :)

Adrian