[plug] Remote desktop question

Chris Griffin griffinster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 22:23:23 WST 2008

No, it seems that with Fedora it is a service called vino-server that runs
the vnc that takes care of access on port 5900, how that gets started is
anyones guess. I have a way forward in that I will configure vncserver on,
say, port 5902, connect to it and then run vino-preferences to check the
config and make sure it is setup correctly, though I did run this for some
time while I completed the installation of this box before deployment?
Puzzling.

Thanks anyway, Peter Sutter, do I know you from way back?