[plug] Remote desktop question

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Fri Feb 15 11:16:09 WST 2008

Hello Chris

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:22:09 +0900
"Chris Griffin" <griffinster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmmm, I basically did this, except I used display 2. I can now bring
> up the vnc session on 5902 but not 5900. When I try 5900 (I
> downloaded the latest vncviewer just in case) it now actually gives
> me the error saying "unable to connect to host: Connection refused
> (10061)" Any ideas?

When you run the VNC server, the default port is 5900. In your distro,
this would refer to the first display :0. because your vnc server is
listening on display 2, this translates to listening on port 5902. 5903
would be display 3 etc..

At least this is my understanding.

If you wish to export your current display, ie display 0, you may need
to run something like x11vnc (at least this is what I do.. I am not
sure about the fedora configuration )

Regards,

--

Adam Davin