[plug] SanDisk USB drive

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 16 17:58:41 WST 2008

Find out what linux sees the devices as: i.e., its probably not what you
are expecting - in my floppy case (and I think also your cdrom part),
they are not even a true partition - the filesystem is laid down without
one.

Use "lsusb -v" to get most of the details and then work your way through
the relevant /proc and /sys entries to find the devices - you then have
a number of options to make them visible to the system if udev isnt
playing nicely.

BillK

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 17:17 +0900, Jim Householder wrote:

> [...]
Home in Perth!