[plug] SanDisk USB drive

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Feb 16 22:59:45 WST 2008

On 16 Feb 2008 at 17:17, Jim Householder wrote:

> [...]

One thing that you could try is to look at the /proc directory before you
plug in your USB drive -

try this as root in a terminal:

cd /proc

ls -l

ls -l | grep root -c			(shows number of iles in /proc)

try it before you plug in your USB drive - then try it again after you
plug in your USB drive - check the difference in the number of files -
then investigate the extra files that appear after plugging in the USB
drive.

On my system I get

[root at Boris proc]# ls -l | grep root -c
169
[root at Boris proc]# ls -l | grep root -c
176

169 files in /proc before plugging in my 2GB Laser Flash drive - then I
get 176 after plugging in my 2GB Laser Flash drive.

Regards Arie