[plug] Funky NFS - Subdirectory exports

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 22:21:29 WST 2008

> > So in essence, I can just do a mount over /home/public using bind? Or
> > for example, move /home/public to /home/public.real and bind mount it
> > to /home/public?
>
> .. bind ? <-- confused.

mount --bind directory mountpoint.
e.g. mount --bind /media/largerdrive/tim/tmp /tmp
This would mount the directory /media/largerdrive/tim/tmp over /tmp.
So say I had a large drive for my use, and wanted to use a folder on
it as my /tmp, then the above would do that. Basically, mounting a
folder in a another location, instead of mounting a drive.

For NFS, I'm hoping doing this means my /home/public would be a
mountpoint, so exporting that with all_squash will actually work with
nohide.

Tim

--
Timothy White - Unable to stay still for too long
Linux Counter user #273956