Try wireless broadband? Re: [plug] looking for a linux-friendly isp

Coral and Ben cobel at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 3 21:29:55 WST 2008

not quite,

mac is supported but buggy, vista I believe is supported and buggy,

i am using one of their usb 3g modems right now with mandriva, and have
had great success with it on all but the debian based distros, but be
aware the modem (or its sim card?) must first be activated on a windows
computer with the bigpond connection manager software

also the connection manager can be uninstalled (once the modem has been
activated on a windows computer) and the modem used as a 'dial-up' style
modem, solving the sharing pains that the connection manager forces onto
a windows system