[plug] using several ethernet cards problem...

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 12:52:19 WST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 3:55 PM, Marcos Raul Carot Collins
<marcos.carot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you everybody!
>
> I gave a try to bonding, and it didn't work (I got an error message, later I
> will investigate), and also tried using different subnets, which is working
> perfectly!
>
> Thank you very much Richard, Ian and Anthony!
>
> Bonding interested me. I'll put it in my list of things to learn :), but
> subnets work fine enough for now :)

What also might be worth trying is a bridge - remove the IPs and turn
ARP off on the server interfaces then add them to a bridge. Give the
bridge an IP address, then what you have is effectively a switch with
the server plugged into it.

This is basically it: http://www.colug.net/pipermail/luguc/2005-May/000162.html

I think that'll work. Alternatively, buy a switch? :)

-Patrick

--
http://www.labyrinthdata.net.au - WA Backup, Web and VPS Hosting