[plug] Problem with gFTP

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Jul 2 13:29:35 WST 2008

Is anyone aware of any problem(s) with gFTP?

I am using gFTP 2.0.18 (from the narration window) running on Debian
4.0.

After successfully logging in to a web site, using gFTP, I get the
following:
"
SYST

215 UNIX Type: L8
TYPE I

200 Type set to I
PWD

257 "/" is current directory.
PASV

227 Entering Passive Mode (203,113,228,30,224,10).
Cannot create a data connection: Connection refused
"

I have had the same rejection from two of the web sites that I have.

When I used the command line FTP utility, it worked, without any
problems (apart from the inconvenience).

I have previously used gFTP to access and upload to my web sites,
without any problems (well, any problems that I remember) associated
with using gFTP.

Can someone tell me what is going wrong, and, how to fix it?

The ISP that hosts the web sites, has been unable to find anything in
their system logs.

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby