[plug] Problem with gFTP

Keith Bawden keith at bawdo.com
Wed Jul 2 14:37:18 WST 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 13:29, Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:
> PASV
>
> 227 Entering Passive Mode (203,113,228,30,224,10).
> :

Try an "active" (as opposed to passive) connection and see if you have any joy.

> When I used the command line FTP utility, it worked, without any problems
> (apart from the inconvenience).

Check the config options of this tool (turning up the logging level
may help to see what is happening). Then if possible make sure gFTP is
configured with the same options.

As for the inconvenience I usually use lftp, and find the command line
much less inconvienient than the GUI. Horses for courses :-) In
particular lftp is a snap to learn if you are already comfortable with
commands like ls, cd and so on.

Regards, Keith