[plug] how to add a package cache for debian/ubuntu

mark at musicalstoat.co.uk mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 21:17:57 WST 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 06:21:18PM +0800, Mike Holland wrote:
> -  just what I need, thanks. But it doesn't work.
> loads of errors like:
> 2008/07/02 17:17 +0900 [-] [apt_pkg] No Packages files available for
> nfs-kernel-server_1%3a1.1.2-2ubuntu2.1_i386.deb skipped - no suitable
> backend found

Shame, that did sound like what you needed.

> So I'm guessing not many people use this, with Ubuntu.
>
> ... ah, spoke to soon. Now "apt-get update" is not completing.
> sits on e.g.:
> 99% [1 Packages bzip2 0]
>
> I hope its a temporary server problem.
>
> Does anyone here actually use these utils with Ubuntu?
> Any hints?
Yup, I use apt-proxy with ubuntu and debian.  It works well.  If it's
giving you problems you might want to check the log file and your
sources.list for apt.   Note for Ubuntu you will want something like:
deb http://jayne:9999/ubuntu hardy main restricted
note the ubuntu after the slash.  This can cause it to appear to hang
while doing an update.

--
Mark