[plug] RSS feed content catcher

Mathieu Petit-Clair mathieu.petitclair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 13:25:35 WST 2008

Hi Garry,

Garry wrote:
> I'm pretty frustrated with rss feeds..
>
> I subscribe to quite a few via akregator.
> Upon clicking on an article I am frequently taken to a web page where I
> might need to to search around for the mp3 content, or click on another
> link to go somewhere else to find it.. I'd be happy if it would just
> quietly retrieve the latest podcasts I subscribe to and put them in a
> predetermined directory.
>
> I find the ABC particularly frustrating as there is little consistency
> between them..

I'm using amarok to follow a lot of podcasts (including a few from ABC)
and it works really well. Akregator is really not doing well for
podcasts (though I like it for all other rss feeds).

Amarok can either stream on demand, or download the new episodes when
available. On my side they end up being saved in
~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/podcasts/ (one folder per subscription), this
is probably configurable (no idea where).

Obviously, this only applies to properly formatted podcasting rss feeds..

Mat