[plug] syslog-ng

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at theozhewitts.com
Thu Jul 3 17:44:34 WST 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to get snmptraps passed through to syslog-ng and then sent
through an interpretor into Nagios. I have snmptrapd logging to syslog,
and I have added the following lines to syslog-ng.conf:

destination d_nagios { file("/tmp/test_file.txt"); };
filter f_snmptrap { program("snmptrapd"); };
log { source(s_sys); filter(f_snmptrap); destination(d_nagios); };

sending it to the test_file was just to make sure I was actually
catching the snmptrapd logs which I am not.

I have tried a number of variations on the ("snmptrapd") such as
("snmptrapd\[.*\]") and none of them work.

can anyone see where my logic has gone astray?

cheers,

Adam.