[plug] Problem with gFTP - solved

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Jul 3 20:05:22 WST 2008

Well, I have now solved the problem, and I am not happy with either the cause of the problem, or the solution.

The ISP that provides the web site hosting, apparently made changes to their FTP server(s) that now require Extended Passive Mode, and reject Passive Mode,
and I have now been able to resume graphical FTP access, by downloading, installing, and using KFTPGrabber, as gftp uses Passive Mode and not Extended
Passive Mode.

Being an Australian ISP, the change was made without either notice that the change would be made, or notice that the change had been made, and the effects on
customers.

As I have said, I am not happy with either the cause of the problem, or the solution.

I had in the past, been quite happy using gftp, and I can no longer use it for my web sites.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."