[plug] EEPC

Russell Steicke russellsteicke at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 13:06:12 WST 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Kai <vk6ksj at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Firstly, totally unrelated to Linux but a huge personal goal - I passed my
> commercial flight test today, I am now a commercial pilot :D ...but no I
> don't fly 737's yet, that doesn't happen for a few years :P

Well done.  Having done some flying in the past, I have some
appreciation of the scale of that achievement.

> Anyway, back at the ranch, my Uncle (who's a Microsoft shop) bought home an
> EEPC running XP Home, he says it's better than the Linux equivalent, I fail
> to beleive that but I haven't used the Linux equivalent... has anyone and do
> you have any feedback ?

I haven't used XP on an eee, but surely it would be like XP on anything else.

The eees two in my house are both the Xandros version.  I agree that
the whole system is quite well tuned to the task.  It's closer to
being an appliance than a workstation, and that's a good thing.

Incidentally, has your uncle used a Xandros eee?  Can he reliably compare them?

--
Virus found in this message.