[plug] EEPC

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sat Jul 5 11:27:03 WST 2008

Russell Steicke wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Kai <vk6ksj at westnet.com.au> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Firstly, totally unrelated to Linux but a huge personal goal - I passed my
>> commercial flight test today, I am now a commercial pilot :D ...but no I
>> don't fly 737's yet, that doesn't happen for a few years :P
>
> Well done.  Having done some flying in the past, I have some
> appreciation of the scale of that achievement.

Thanks, it definately wasn't easy, all those 5am wake-ups and simulated
emergencies along with all the rest of the on-grounds tress that goes
with it, has all paid off :)

>> Anyway, back at the ranch, my Uncle (who's a Microsoft shop) bought home an
>> EEPC running XP Home, he says it's better than the Linux equivalent, I fail
>> to beleive that but I haven't used the Linux equivalent... has anyone and do
>> you have any feedback ?
>
> I haven't used XP on an eee, but surely it would be like XP on anything else.
>
> The eees two in my house are both the Xandros version.  I agree that
> the whole system is quite well tuned to the task.  It's closer to
> being an appliance than a workstation, and that's a good thing.
>
> Incidentally, has your uncle used a Xandros eee?  Can he reliably compare them?

Nah, don't think he's seen or used the Xandros version, not sure if he'd
care to either, I can't afford one but I'd love to check one out and see
how it compares !

Anyone know if there's an IT library of sorts where you can rent stuff
for a day or so, just to check it out ?