[plug] bank login problem

Max mn8_linux at westnet.com.au
Sat Jul 12 01:45:57 WST 2008

Hi,
i'm able to access the internet banking login page
 for The Bank Of Queensland via:
www.boq.com.au
 then the eventual required web page enables me to enter the required
login details using Firefox (java -OFF & javascript-ON).

However i would prefer to use the Konquereor browser.
Using Mandriva 2008 and KDE 3.5 / Konqueror 3.5.7,

Using Konqueror, the first home page at:
 www.boq.com.au
looks and works fine,
the left hand menu to log on to internet banking opens another page and
another tab open to a page that warns about internet banking fraud and
in the bottom right of the page is a 'continue' button that when
clicked produces another page: ( all the same in Firefox )
'https://www.ib.boq.com.au/boqws/boqbl'

but at this stage with Konquereor the other page states:

'An error occurred while loading https://www.ib.boq.com.au/boqws/boqbl:
Could not connect to host www.ib.boq.com.au.'

my settings for the Konquereor browser for this exersise are as
follows...

javascript enabled globally
plugins enabled globally
java off
all cookies enabled
crypto settings SSLv2 and SSLv3 all ticked / enabled for use
the WEBLINK SSL cert has been received and is in the peer list

i cant think of any thing else that i have missed ?

With Home, Bankwest and Westpac i had managed to read the page source
and collect the relevent url's for a tight javascript and plugin lock
down later, ie only accepting the url's that i trust.

but with the Konquereor browser at these BOQ web pages it seems that
even a fully unlocked / open  Konquereor browser will not allow me in ?

So, would anyone have an idea why Firefox works but the Konquereor
browser gives an error page ?

maybe someone could try and access the www.boq.com.au
site and see if you have the same problem ?

thanks,  regards max...