[plug] bank login problem

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 12:16:17 WST 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 01:45 +0800, Max wrote:
[...]
> Using Konqueror, the first home page at:
>  www.boq.com.au
> looks and works fine,
> the left hand menu to log on to internet banking opens another page and
> another tab open to a page that warns about internet banking fraud and
> in the bottom right of the page is a 'continue' button that when
> clicked produces another page: ( all the same in Firefox )
> 'https://www.ib.boq.com.au/boqws/boqbl'
>
> but at this stage with Konquereor the other page states:
>
> 'An error occurred while loading https://www.ib.boq.com.au/boqws/boqbl:
> Could not connect to host www.ib.boq.com.au.'
[...]

I see the logon just fine in konqueror. Bah, I hate sites that takeover
and wipe out borders and menus :-(

Try changing the browser identity to fool the site into thinking you're
using IExplorer on winxp. Simple deceit is often enough to satisfy many
sites. Other than that, different to you I have java enabled, and had to
click to accept a security cert before the logon page loaded. Perhaps
also try looking to see how you have konq set for acceptng certs, and
wipe any exclusions/inclusions you might have already made on that
score.

Gavin