[plug] bank login problem

Max mn8_linux at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 18 13:24:56 WST 2008

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Gavin Chester wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 01:45 +0800, Max wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Using Konqueror, the first home page at:
> >  www.boq.com.au
> > looks and works fine,
> > the left hand menu to log on to internet banking opens another page
> > and another tab open to a page that warns about internet banking
> > fraud and in the bottom right of the page is a 'continue' button
> > that when clicked produces another page: ( all the same in Firefox
> > ) 'https://www.ib.boq.com.au/boqws/boqbl'
> >
> > but at this stage with Konquereor the other page states:
> >
> > 'An error occurred while loading
> > https://www.ib.boq.com.au/boqws/boqbl: Could not connect to host
> > www.ib.boq.com.au.'
>
> [...]
>
> I see the logon just fine in konqueror. Bah, I hate sites that
> takeover and wipe out borders and menus :-(
>
> Try changing the browser identity to fool the site into thinking
> you're using IExplorer on winxp. Simple deceit is often enough to
> satisfy many sites. Other than that, different to you I have java
> enabled, and had to click to accept a security cert before the logon
> page loaded. Perhaps also try looking to see how you have konq set
> for acceptng certs, and wipe any exclusions/inclusions you might have
> already made on that score.
>
> Gavin

starting with www.boq.com.au
and following to get to  the actual log in screen !

 "the actual log in screen where you enter the login details"
is still not visible to me !

i still have the same problem, seems that it relates to accepting the
security certificate ?
the cert that i thought i had was from another url.
other sites ask if i want to accept the certificate but not this one ???

looking at the pref / options for crypto ie: SSLv2 and SSLv3 all
chyphers have been enabled or left as default at one stage or another.

fake browser id's have also been tried.
all cookies, plugins, and java 'ON' has been tried.

Incidently a phone call to a tech at The Bank Of Queensland over a week
ago .... and no one has got back to me, they know i have the problem.

i have also installed clean systems on another two computers with the
same result.
Mandriva 2008.1 ONE Spring edition and KDE 3.5 / Konqueror 3.5.7 .

a mate has the same problem on his computer , he has the same distro and
version of browser. Konqueror 3.5.7

as i said before firefox works fine.

i would really like to get this working in Konqueror,

any ideas please....

Gavin, if your Konqueror is working with this site what distro and
version are you using and what other settings could there be to look
at ?

Thanks, max.