[plug] EEPC

sothisistheinternet sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 00:21:04 WST 2008

I'd like to try out one of the 7" screen models. I tried a EeePC 901
at officeworks and it was nice. That's the one with 1GB RAM and 4+8GB
drive space and Windows XP home. I've just been playing around with
Xandros (CD version, DVD is next) and quite like it so I'm thinking if
these are easily upgradable I might save up for one of the $299 7"
Xandros versions (512mb, 4GB drive). I wonder, though, where/what
exactly is the "+8GB" (windows version) and "+16GB" (linux version,
for $100 less) drive on the 900/901 models with the idea of just
adding it on later to one of the 7" models. DDR2 sodimms are
relatively cheap ATM so putting one into a 7" model to double the RAM
is a nominal investment. Does anyone know or can they direct me to a
site that won't leave me with three pages of text where people
contradict each other in their confusion about model types and upgrade
paths? I'm also a bit wary of investing in the 7" model after liking
the 901 - the earlier model may be just too small.

Ari