[plug] Mandriva Free Spring 2008

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 23:23:45 WST 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 22:10 +0800, Jim Householder wrote:
> A feature I did not like was the fixed set of packages installed.  No
> choice at all,

<unintended flamebait>
But you can't condemn it for that since isn't that also what the
over-popular ubuntu has been doing since day one? That's one big reason
I have only dabbled with ubuntu, never making it my chosen distro. IOW,
it's not the first and only distro to think simplicity resides with
reduced choice (at least until the user understands how to add packages
with this thing called a 'package manager')

;-)

Gavin