[plug] Trying to get Bigpond 3G network up-and-running

David Buddrige dbuddrige at bigpond.com
Wed Jun 4 19:49:57 WST 2008

Hi guys,  I'm back online *at last* !  I had to set the phone number to
*99***1# and I also had to plug it into a windows box and run the
install cd, let it connect, then I disconnected again.  To do this I had
to visit my parents place and use their windows box.  After it had done
its thing with the install cd, I unplugged it from the windows machine,
plugged it into my linux box and ran wvdialconf.  This allowed me to
create a /etc/wvdial.conf configuration file and after adding my
username/password [and the phone number] it all connected and is running
fine. 8-)

thanks to all who helped 8-)

David.