[plug] Configuring wget using .wgetrc

Buddrige, David David.Buddrige at dpi.wa.gov.au
Wed Jun 11 10:57:11 WST 2008

Thanks for your reply 8-)

> Bill K writes:
> auto-proxy is a kludge that id designed for specific
> circumstances - a better idea is a transparent proxy which
> catches a lot of other apps like wget, and can stop users
> bypassing it.

I have no control over the proxy settings on the [work] network. I got
the info about the auto-proxy by looking at the settings on my browser
which uses the work network.

In the case of an external website, the return (from auto-proxy) is:

"PROXY proxy:8080"

But I don't know how to feed that info into wget since wget seems to be
just looking for
    --proxy-user=USER
and
    --proxy-password=PASS

But it doesn't seem to have an option for specifying the proxy name
itself.

Cheers

David. 8-)