[plug] Configuring wget using .wgetrc

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 11 10:41:56 WST 2008

Via the man page it looks like wget cant use auto-proxy.  Is it possible
to wtite a wrapper for wget that reads the auto-proxy information and
then uses this to set the environment before calling wget.  Or if its
unlikely to change, why not just set it in the environment anyway?

auto-proxy is a kludge that id designed for specific circumstances - a
better idea is a transparent proxy which catches a lot of other apps
like wget, and can stop users bypassing it.

BillK