[plug] via hardware

Craig Foster Craig at fostware.net
Sat Jun 14 00:05:45 WST 2008

<snip about medium load machine>

> Another option is a PC-Engines ALIX-based system. But supply is a
> problem here in WA. You could, possibly order one "overnight"
> from Yawarra in Melbourne <http://www.yawarra.com.au>.
> --
> /"\ Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
<snip>

The Yawarra rigs are dire with any sort of mediocre load. I've had a
couple running as firewalls, and they just don't keep up with the
traffic throughput on a commercial link (4Mb fibre). The use of notebook
memory and CF for storage works well though, and I agree, they don't
require a lot of power.

Craig F.