[plug] Decent Video Editing Software for Linux

Mike Holland michael.holland at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 08:30:25 WST 2008

So noone knows an editor that works for digital TV recordings?
  (PS or TS mpeg2)
I just want to top-n-tail a program, and maybe cut out the ads.

-openmovieeditor: undocumented, evil GUI (which widget set??) When I
finally figured out how to open a file (drag'n'drop form the list) it
just crashes.

- avidemux: (great for XviD) does very slow index on open. Corrupts
video and looses audio.

- cinelerra - loaded in ubuntu, but does not respond to mouse or
keyboard after closing tip-of-the-day. Looks too complicated.

Gopchop - as jason says, it crashes on DVB files. A pity, since simple
editing of TV recordings is exactly what it is supposed to do. Last
release was 3 years ago.