[plug] Overly mobile mail solution

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 3 21:40:18 WST 2008

In the current Linux magazine, they look at using imap proxies like
perdition or the cyrus aggregator to restore server side sanity in
situations like yours :)

However, I think the major problem is openvpn just doesnt like marginal
links.  My recent experience in Thailand (the australia-thai data
connection is a single, flakey dial up modem - well that was how it
looked :) and openvpn using Evolution was ... painful.  It worked sort
of for ssh and some other things (like programming mythtv), but email
was very hit&miss.

>From my own dialup days, port forwarding using zebedee should overcome
this.  I know ssh will port forward, but zebedee just works better, esp
on low bandwidth links.

BillK

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 14:21 +0400, Brad Campbell wrote:
> G'day all,
>
> I'm starting to reach the limit of my current mail config scalability.

Home in Perth!