[plug] GalleryRemote on Ubuntu 7.10

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sat Mar 15 10:33:11 WST 2008

'morning guys and girls,

Are we having a good Saturday morning ? sunny and sandy ?

I'm trying to install GalleryRemote from here
(http://gallery.menalto.com/wiki/Gallery_Remote) on Ubuntu 7.10, the
initial part of the install goes fine but then this pops up...

basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
/tmp/install.dir.26017/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading
shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

I've googled various parts of that error message but I haven't found
anything usefull.

I tried installing JVM from Sun by itself, all good, then running the
NoJVM file from Gallery's page, same error, then tried the JVM inclusive
file from Gallery's page but that didn't work either, same error.

Any suggestions about what logs to look at, or other info, would be good.

Cheers
Kai