[plug] GalleryRemote on Ubuntu 7.10

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sun Mar 16 12:39:38 WST 2008

 >-- snip --<
> Okay I though you were just running hostname from the CLI and getting
> those things; they're coming out from the thing you're trying to
> install, whew!
> What does /etc/alternatives/java and /etc/alternatives/jar point to?
> Perhaps the GCJ can't run these things, Sun JRE probably will though..
>
> Tomasz

Fortunately it aint that bad...the error's are only showing during
install of GR. Installing Sun's Java by itself says it works fine, but
running GalleryRemote installer with, or without JVM inbuilt, still
gives the same errors.

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
/tmp/install.dir.26017/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading
shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or director

/etc/alternatives/java is a symbolic link to /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/java

and /etc/alternatives/jar doesn't exist

I am not a programmer, or Linux/Ubuntu guru by any means, unfortuntely
I've been using Windows on the desktop too long so if there's any
shortcuts or workarounds, I'm all ears.

Maybe I've downloaded a dodgy installer file which, for some reason,
isn't making /tmp/install.dir.26017/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java as it's
supposed to ?!

Cheers
Kai