[plug] Lan network

Innis Cunningham innisc at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 00:29:13 WST 2008

> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:40:43 +0900
> From: bret at busby.net
> To: plug at plug.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] Lan network
>
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Innis Cunningham  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi All
>>>  I have 3 computers connected to my router and then to the net.
>>>  1 W98 box and 2 Ubuntu 7.10 boxes.
>>>  The Ubuntu boxes will quite happily talk to the windows box but
>>>  I dont seem to be able to get them to talk to each other.
>>>  Should I be able to set these boxes up to talk to one another
>>>  out of the box or do I need to run an application to set this up.
>>>  Is my router stopping the Ubuntu boxes from talking to each other.
>>>  Thanks for any advice.
>>>
>>>  Cheers
>>>  Innis
>>
>> Quick question; what does it mean to "talk to one another"?
>> Are we talking ping, file sharing?
>> I'd doubt your router is stopping any communications between the two.
>>
>> Tomasz
>>

> I am wondering whether Innis has the Ubuntu boxes, each included in the
> other's /etc/host file.
Thanks Bret
I think the answer to that is no.Seeing how I have never used that file before.
I may have used the net for years but I have never had to set up a lan

> Sometimes it is the simplest things, that make the difference.
I am sure that is 100%correct and with what you and Tomasz have told me
I hope I can get it sorted.

> --
> Bret Busby

Cheers
Innis

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT