[plug] Linux on PS/3?

Dion tenzero at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 30 10:25:08 WST 2008

Fred Janon wrote:
> Has anyone installed Fedora Core on a Playstation 3?

Um no.
My understanding was that YellowDog had a nice distro with built in
support for the Playstation 3.

I think YellowDog defaults to an e17 desktop but has KDE and gnome a
short install away.

Is there some reason for wanting to put Fedora Core on it? I would go
with whomever has the best out of the box support for the PS3.

I believe that currently there are no accelerated graphics drivers --
but the nouveau driver writers were having some progress.

I would be interested to hear about how it performs no matter what
distro you get up and running with.

Good luck.
> Thanks
>
> Fred

Cheers.
D.

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which may adequately be explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte