[plug] Linux on PS/3?

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 10:44:34 WST 2008

I am doing the research at the moment. I want to do some development
for the Cell Broadband Engine and IBM has FC for the PS/3 for that.
It's a pretty time consuming process according to what I read. That's a
pity that the PS/3 is one of most wanted game consoles, it makes it
more expensive to buy on the market at the moment but one the other
side it's a cheap Cell development workstation (remember the PowerPC
6000?).

iVec has a presentation in May where they use the PS/3 for
visualisation, for those who are interested.

Fred