[plug] Samba locking

Russell Steicke russellsteicke at gmail.com
Wed May 7 09:41:59 WST 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Andrew Furey <andrew.furey at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Nothing I can think of on the Samba end, but can you modify the Unix
>  process so that it does what rsync does? Which is, write the file out
>  to a different filename (perhaps starting with .) and rename it to the
>  expected name when finished?

Or you can write it to a file in a different directory on the same
file system, and rename it into the shared directory.  For a good way
to do this in a shell script, look at the safecat program, which is
probably not on your system by default, but is in debian or
web-findable.

--
Virus found in this message.