[plug] Samba locking

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Wed May 7 08:35:43 WST 2008

> The problem I need to overcome is that the file is being processed before it
> has been completely written out to the file system and therefore attempting
> to be processed when incomplete.
>
> Any suggestions ? from the Samba docs the veto oplocks should do what I want
> but I'm not seeing it work as expected.

Nothing I can think of on the Samba end, but can you modify the Unix
process so that it does what rsync does? Which is, write the file out
to a different filename (perhaps starting with .) and rename it to the
expected name when finished?

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.