[plug] OS free laptops?

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Thu May 8 11:01:40 WST 2008

Marcos Raúl Carot Collins wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Do you know where I can get OS Free laptops (ie: no MS tax)?
>
> I am from Argentina, and there I bought an ASUS A6 OS free (US$100
> less than the same with Win XP) a couple of years ago.
>
> But here, I can't find any online or "real" retailer that would sell
> one OS free (they have offered to format the disk!!) Of course paying
> MS for something I won't use is not an option.
>
> Anybody?

Try ITC, in W Perth I think.  They make there own branded lappys.

Cheers

Kev Downes
kdownes at bbnet.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We used to use and recommend Xandros but they went to the dark side
So we'll soon be using and recommending Debian Etch
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
They say a marble sized object collided with some gasses, and had
a massive explosion and the universe was born.
   - to believe this takes more faith than I have.