[plug] broadband with linux

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 10:57:49 WST 2008

http://www.virginbroadband.com.au/wirelessbroadband/broadband-at-home.aspx
> The little unit they give you is OS independent once you set it up.
>
> *warning*
> I just noticed this in the fine print:
> Peer 2 Peer speed limited to 32kbps
> I guess they don't want n00bs flooding their 3G network :-P
>
> --
> Ubuntu Hardy 8.04
> The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono
> The more you know the less you need to say. - Jim Rohn
> http://outcampaign.org/

It would be useful to also list the required commitment with these
ISPs. Most of the cheap ones require a 24 months contract, and some
require paying to the term if the contract is terminated. I looked at a
couple of 3G ones for about $20/mo and they all require a 24mo
contract, with absolutely no guarantee regarding the speed you'll get,
since it depends on where you are. I wish I could get my customer to
sign up for contracts like that: just sign at the bottom and give me
your $$$! :)

Fred