[plug] Interesting - has anyone tried?

Kev kdownes at bbnet.com.au
Tue May 20 13:17:08 WST 2008

Hi Gize

This is a copy/paste of an email I just received.  Have any of you out
there had a look at Ulteo?  Do you think it's worth a look for non-tech
Linux user?

"We're pleased to announce a new Ulteo product called "Ulteo Virtual
Desktop" (Beta) which allows you to use Linux applications on the
Windows(TM) operating system.

Ulteo Virtual Desktop is a full Ulteo system that runs seamlessly on
Windows and offers a large choice of Linux applications, including the
Firefox web browser, Thunderbird email client, OpenOffice.org office
suite, multi-IM software such as Kopete and many others.

It also offers all Ulteo features that are already available with the
Ulteo Application System. This includes automatic system and
application updates from the Internet and document synchronization
accross all your user's Ulteo systems.

It's been designed for individuals and corporate users who want to
have Linux and Windows applications together on the same desktop
without the hassles of dual booting or virtualization.

Once installed, the Ulteo Virtual Desktop offers a special menu that
can be used to launch a choice of well known open source applications.

Ulteo Virtual Desktop uses special technology built on the top of
coLinux. It offers performance close to a native installation on the
hardware because it uses no virtualization software.

Applications can naturally access the user's documents in "My
Documents". Sound and printing are also supported on the fly.

Learn more about the Ulteo Virtual Desktop:

http://www.ulteo.com/home/virtualdesktop

Download and install from:

http://www.ulteo.com/home/download

Regards,

 Gaël Duval

 Founder Ulteo."

Cheers
Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at bbnet.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We used to use and recommend Xandros but they went to the dark side
So we'll soon be using and recommending Debian Etch
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
There is sufficient light for those who desire to see,
and there is sufficient darkness for those of a contrary disposition.
        - Blaise Pascal, Pensees 149